Contact us today: (800) 718-5658  |  Email Us

OWCP 957 Medical Travel Reimbursement

View and Print Travel Reimbursement

OWCP-957 Form


Questions? Call us at (800) 718-5658

How to get reimbursed for travel

Traveling to doctors’ appointments, testing appointments, and picking up medication can get expensive quickly. Luckily, EEOICPA “white card” holders can get reimbursed for any mileage related to medical travel by filling out an OWCP 957 Form.

Medical travel eligible for reimbursement includes:

  • Doctor or Clinic Appointments
  • Medical Testing or Procedure Visits
  • Lab Visits
  • Prescription Pick-up
  • Long-Distance Medical Travel

OWCP 957 medical travel reimbursement

For travel under 200 miles round-trip, you can request reimbursement for:

  • Mileage
  • Tolls
  • Parking

For travel over 200 miles round-trip, pre-approval of expenses is necessary. Typically, you can request reimbursement for:

  • Mileage/Tolls/Parking
  • Meals
  • Lodging
  • Travel Companion Expenses
  • Taxi, Bus, Airfare
  • Other expenses upon pre-approval

**If you’re planning a major medical travel event you must contact EEOICP Medical Billing and talk to your Medical Benefits Examiner for approval prior to finalizing travel arrangements.

Where to mail:

All OWCP-957 forms should be sent to:

U.S. Department of Labor

Energy Employees Occupational Illness Compensation Programs

PO Box 8304

London, KY 40742-8304

Keep in mind:

  • For pharmacy trips check “home” in boxes 5c and 5d. Under “e. Medical Facility Name and Address” make sure to list the pharmacy name and full address including zip code.
  • Only submit mileage reimbursement for appointments related to your “accepted illness.” If you aren’t approved for diabetes treatment, then you won’t be able to expense travel related to that illness.
  • The Dept. of Labor will also reimburse for medical transport services.
  • Include your case/claim number on all submitted pages.
  • All travel reimbursement requests must be submitted within 1 year of the expense.
  • The OWCP-957 form is used to submit all travel expenses. Up to 3 trips can be expensed on one form.
  • Doctor’s signature is only required for Black Lung patients.

More questions? Call us at (800) 718-5658

EEOICPA Home Health Care

Energy Workers’ Home Care

    View Testimonials